Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the purpose /objective of PGCM-CM?
The Construction Industry is on the upswing with the thrust given by the Government to boost the economy. There is a huge demand for Construction Management professionals to execute large complex, mega projects. XIME-Bangalore has designed the Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Management – Construction Management (PGCM-CM) to address this huge demand for Construction Management professionals.
Q2. Who is the programme designed for?
- Fresh graduates who want to pursue their career in Construction Management
- Junior/Middle management professionals who are engaged in development, construction, estate management or project management companies
- First or second-generation entrepreneurs, who are engaged in development, construction, estate management or project management companies, looking at growing their businesses
- Professionals working with or for construction projects and transactions, and looking for an in-depth understanding of the managerial issues in the construction and infrastructure industry
Q3. What is the Eligibility Criteria for the course?
- Graduate in Engineering with Civil, Mechanical, Electrical specialization or equivalent with at least 50% marks
- Graduate in Architecture or equivalent with at least 50% marks
- Graduate in Interior Design or equivalent with at least 50% marks
Q3. Is the course AICTE Approved?
Yes, the course is AICTE approved. For your reference, please refer the link below:
Q4. Will I get Loan assistance?
All the AICTE approved courses are eligible for Loan assistance from the banks.
Q5. My final year exams are pending due to the current pandemic situation but the course is starting from Aug’20. How will I be able to attend the classes?
If your final year exams do not get over even after the commencement of the PGCM course, you will be given leave only to write your remaining final year exams. We will follow the AICTE guidelines with respect to the commencement date of the course.
Q6. When can I submit my marks card, as the results will not be published by August?
You will be required to submit your marks card till the 6th semester and a course completion letter or certificate from college during the admission and we will provide you with a reasonable time to submit your final marks card.
Q7. What about my placements after completing the course?
XIME has got an excellent placement record. Over the years, XIME has maintained a placement track record of 95% to 99% for its PGDM programme.
Q8. Am I eligible for a Scholarship?
Merit-cum-Means scholarships are available, based on your performance in the admissions interview, academic performance, extracurricular activities, and economic conditions.
Q9. What is the selection process for PGCM?
Candidates will be selected based on the performance in the interviews, academic performance, and experience if any.
Q10. Is there any entrance test for the course?
No entrance test, the selection process is purely based on the interview.
Q11. Will there be any reduction in the fees as there is a likely chance of online classes in Term-1 due to the current pandemic?
Our main objective is to maintain the academic integrity and ensure that you get the best of learning experience through our live interactive sessions. Recorded sessions will be made available after each session. Therefore, the effort required to bring in all these aspects into online teaching will be similar to that of the conventional teaching methods.